Meandering Mango

If you're looking to feed your intellect here...you just might starve. If you're here because you want to hear about my wacky life...well, you've come to the right place.

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Rainy Day Haiku

When the storms started rolling in this morning around 3:30AM, I noticed (yet again) the direct correlation between the intensity of the storm and the stiffness in my joints. Most of you who know me well know that I have a crappy disease called Rheumatoid Arthritis. Basically, I often feel like an 28-year old woman stuck in an 88-year old woman's body. So I decided to write a haiku in honor of my creaky joints:




the storm kicks my butt
me, human barometer
arthritis be damned





Sure, it may not be Pulitzer Prize winning, but I think I'm onto something!

1 Comments:

  • At 10/06/2006 4:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I had no idea you had a blog, Karen! Your profile picture couldn't be any cuter, and I'm very jealous of your lovely Vivian.

    So sorry to hear about your joints...Mine stiffen with the change in weather, too, but not so badly that it's hard for me to go up and down stairs. I'm so sorry and wish there was something I could do. :(

    Oh, and now I wish I could take back the fact that I said you looked like someone I knew when I met you. You are definitely unique and I think your face is so friendly that one just HOPES they've always known you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home